Find all the resources you need to start saving your own seeds in the Shop
Our Recent Activities
We have helped people and organisations to create community-based seed networks and to document local food growing practices and local traditional varieties with our hundred Local Seed Networks arounnd Australia and overseas. as below. We are mobile and travel lightly to places such as:
• Indonesia in 2012 with guidellines for an eco-region in Tanjung Ringgit, Lombok and an eco-village in Taman Petanu, Bali;
• Malaysia in 2012 to help establish a seed network, Eat Roots and Shoots;
• Portugal in 2011 for the Seed Savers Tour with the Free the Seed group: "Sementes Livres";
• Afghanistan 2002/2003 (Faculty of Agriculture in Herat to help start a seed bank with Japanese NGO, NICCO projects);
• Solomon Islands where we travelled twelve times 1995 - 2008, for projects like the taro collection fair in Malaita (Kastom Garden Association and Planting Material Network), the amazing banana project in Makira Island at Manivovo Training Centre, and a Melanesian Seed Saving Conference, etc.;
• Ecuador Guardianes de Semillas in 2003 who have gone on to do incredible seed work since;
• Cambodia in 1998 Pursat Province with Dept of Women's and Veteran's Affairs with Quakers Australia, on training trainers on local seed collection, multiplication and distribution;
• Cuba seed project with Urbana Agricultura in 1995/6, and translation and publication of our Handbook in Spanish.
... and many more people and places.
Become a “Seed Saver”
Join in the Community Forums, share seed & knowledge, join a Local Seed Network, make new friends and connections and above all, have fun!
It is all about producing our own seeds and exchanging them with others - Free the Seed! - not planting corporate seeds.
Community groups, indigenous organisations, Transition Town groups, schools and individual collectors have joined hands for local seed action.
Seed Savers is now able to accept registration of Local Seed Networks from groups all over the world. (see here)